Looking for a quick way to get organized for your upcoming travel plans? Packing for that dream vacation is so exciting. However, living out of a suitcase for a week or more can get a little disorganizing and frustrating. With little space to store your belongings such as a cruise ship. It is important to get all items accounted for and organized. Below is how to get organized: Best Travel Tips for Beginners.
**These are affiliate links which will earn me a small commission if you purchase with this link. I thank you for your support. Read my disclosure here
Check List for Travel
- Plan ahead of time: Don’t wait until the last-minute to pack. This can leave you frustrated and more likely to forget something. Give yourself enough time to pack.
- Itinerary: Make an itinerary not provided for you. Which can keep track of planned activities, dining times, places to see, important contact numbers, etc.
- Plan on what to pack: Depending on the time and weather during your vacation. Determine on what to wear. You might need a light jacket or jeans.
- Don’t over pack: Ladies, we are queens at doing this. However, half the time we don’t wear the stuff we pack. If you plan on cruising this rule of thumb is very important as there is not much room for luggage. Pack lightly. ***Bring clothing you can interchange or wear more than once.
- Roll Clothes: Roll your clothes instead of folding. This will give you more space in your suitcase.
- Check Rules and Regulations: There are new airline regulations when it comes to luggage. Also if you decide to travel abroad check laws. You are a visitor and MUST abide by their rules. Take the time to check before leaving. A great place to look for rules and regulations is the TSA website.
- Is Everything Current: Make sure your passport is up to date. If your passport is about to expire 6 months before your vacation renew it. Customs frowns upon this. While there check out any changes that might have changed since the last time you applied. Apply for a new passport or renew now.
- Take Photocopies: In case you lose your passport have a backup until you can get a new one. By taking a photo of your passport and ID you speed up the process to enquire a new one. Be sure to take a photo of the front in back.
- Protect Valuables: Protect your passport, IDs, and any other documents you need. Use a plastic zip lock bag to secure documents. Another great idea is to have a passport wallet. RFID Blocking Neck Stash Passport and Valuables Holder , Unisex , Grey
- Contact your cell phone carrier: Make sure if you are traveling that you can make any necessary phone calls without getting charged roaming fees. This can be frustrating when you get back home from a great vacation and then a week later your cell phone bill is outrageous.
- Separate: Separate items. Use a cosmetic bag for your personal hygiene products and other handy storage bags to store items such as electronics. BUBM Double Layer Travel Gear Organizer / Electronics Accessories Bag (Medium, Black). Separate your shoes as well. You don’t want unwanted sand coming back home with you. YAMIU Travel Shoe Bags Set of 4 Waterproof Nylon With Zipper For Men & Women (Black)
- Bring EXTRA: Not extra clothes, but extra memory storage for your camera and extra batteries.
- Charge Them Up: Keep all electronics fully charged. Just for when you are out of reach of an electrical outlet.
- Secure Home: Secure all doors and windows before you leave. Set all necessary alarms. Let at least one person you trust know you are leaving and have them check on your house from time to time and collect mail if needed. This can give you that piece of mind while on vacation.
- No Social Media: Although not an organization tip. It is very important. Think twice before posting on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram about your upcoming trip. DO NOT give out this information. Do not post dates and time of vacation, don’t post photos while on vacation. All that can wait until you return home. People can and will find where you live and when you return your house broken into. Not everyone that is on your Facebook page is a friend.
Need a Travel Check List? Click here now for a free Travel Check List
Now organized and ready. Sit on the beach and sip on a Mia Tia. Do you have any organizing tips that your family uses? Comment below.
Until next time,